Language of Investing – Starting September 12, 2023
Focus of this workshop is to give participants a good understanding of what it means to invest, and the terms used. It will start by making sure we know what your money goals are and how compound interest works. Then we will look at the several types of investing such as GICs, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, bonds, and stocks. What the risks are when you invest your money and the returns each type of investment can provided.
Time 3 hours
- Basic Investment terminology
- Types of investments
- Importance of time when investing
- Understanding investment fees
- How to set up a portfolio
- Where do you go to purchase investments
Basics of Investing – Starting November 12, 2023
This is the follow course to the Basics of Investing. the basics of how you can start investing. We will look at how we invest through discount brokers, regular brokers, advisers, and robo-advisers. What are fees when you invest as well as tax beneficial products the government of Canada has. These include TFSAs and RRSPs.
How to Read Your Credit Card Statement
Taking control over your spending and start saving to get what you really want.
Time 2 hours
- How can money help you reach your goals?
- Where does your money really go?
- Developing a spending plan you can really follow
- Why is savings important to you?